Tuesday 3 November
The Storycast visited Adelaide’s oldest independent publishing company, Wakefield Press at its annual Spring Book Fair, and sat down with some of its authors (and administrators!) to read their favourite works.
In this podcast you will hear:
– Stephen Orr read from his new novel The Hands
– Wakefield Press Publisher/Director Michael Bollen reading Trevor Nottle’s Lawns from his book Endless Pleasure, and some of his favourite poems by Jude Aqualina.
– Raymond Chandler’s Recipe for Lamb with Dill Sauce from Kafka’s Soup (a scrumptuous book full of recipes from famous literary folk) – read by Michael Deeves.
– Margaret Merrilees reading her short The Red Shoes
– and finally, a recipe or two from the Country Women’s Association’s newest cookbook, Calendar of Cakes.